Friday, January 31, 2020

Wisdom to Know the Difference #3

The last line of the Serenity Prayer asks for the "wisdom to know the difference" - between the things I can change and the things I can't. Here are some inspirational quotes that have helped guide me. May they guide you.

"One of the hardest lessons we have to learn in this , life, and one that many
persons never learn, is to see the divine, the celestial, the pure in the common,
near at hand - to see that heaven lies about us in this world. " John Burroughs

"For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth
commeth knowledge and understanding. He layeth  up sound
wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly." Proverbs 2:6-7

When God lights the soul with wisdom, it floods the faculties, and that man (woman)
knows more than ever could be taught him (her)." Meister Eckhart
"Give me the widsom and knowledge that I may go out and come in before
this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great? And God said
to Solomon,  because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked for riches, wealth, or honor, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life: but has asked wisdom and knowledge
for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king: Wisdom and knowledge is granted thee."  2 Chronicles 1:10-12.


No comments:

Post a Comment