Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Serenity in the Serenity Prayer #1


"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." Serenity is the first part of the prayer and as the prayer implies serenity comes from acceptance of what is happening. There is no judgement as to good or bad - it just is. In this first blog I will be sharing some poems and verses that contain thoughts that have helped me find my path to serenity. I hope you find this inspirational as well.

"Therefore being justified by Faith, we have peace with our God thorough our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by Faith into this Grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in the Hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1-2.

"I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know: God answers prayer.
I know not if the blessing is sought
Will come in just the guise I thought.
I leave my prayer to Him alone
Whose will is wiser than my own."  Eliza M. Hickok
"This is the day which the Lord hath
made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24
"
"Take therefore no thought for the
morrow: for the morrow shall take
thought for the things of itself."  Matthew 6:34

"Trust in the Lord, and do good; so
shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily
thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and
 He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust
also in Him; and he shall bring it to pass." Psalms 37: 3-5

"And the peace of God, which passeth
all understanding, shall keep your
hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

"Let us learn to be content with what we have.
Let us rid of our false estimates, set up all the higher ideals -
  a quiet home,
  vines of our own planting,
  a few books full of the inspiration of genius,
  a few friends worthy of being loved
  and able to love in return,
  a hundred innocent pleasures that bring no pain or remorse,
  a devotion to the right that will never swerve,
  a simple Christianity empty of all bigotry, full of trust and hope and love -
and to such philosophy this world will give up all the joy it has."   David Swing

"Now the God of Hope fill you with all
joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in Hope,
through the power of the Holy Ghost."  Romans  15:13

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom
which cannot be moved, let us have Grace, whereby we may serve God
acceptably with reverence and Godly fear." Hebrews 12:28

"Let the words of my mouth,
and the Meditation of my Heart, be acceptable
in thy sight, O, Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14




 







                     

No comments:

Post a Comment