Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hindsight 20/20?

     Today, I'm reflecting on the situation in Washington, D.C. over the past few months and it makes me wonder. Am I a hopeless romantic or Pollyana? Can peace exist if I don't get my way? Can I put aside my opinions formulated over the years about what I believe is the "right" course of action and be open minded enough to look at other options that might turn out better than mine?
      "Hindsight is 20/20." We've heard that phrase over and over again when trying not to judge actions leaders have made in the past without the help of seeing into the future. Since hindsight is 20/20, maybe we should start not judging the people who did what they did because they were "wrong," or defending the programs they put into place that turned out to be flawed instead of looking at the flaws and trying to correct them. Isn't this the best way to move forward? With this in mind, when I find myself in conflict and stuck in judgment and one up-man-ship, I challenge myself to look at what is good about the different idea that could help me move forward if I will open my mind to that idea. If this resonates with you, challenge yourself to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment