Saturday, July 16, 2016

The Promise of World Peace



The Promise of World Peace
By the Universal House of Justice

            One of the books I read while developing the story for “New Pangaea – An Evolution into the Fifth World” was a collection of thoughts and inspirational messages about peace and the common desire for peace among all religious faiths as well as thoughts about the obstacles to peace. I am reading the book again as I am within pages of completion of my manuscript. So many quotations are jumping off the page and resonating with me as I read them again, so I thought I would share some with you. I am posting only the quotations without comments and hope you will find they resonate some way with you in your desire for peace and economic justice today. The first is the one  I will attribute to the two people who compiled the book – Juliet Mabey and Novin Dootstar and intend on using as an Epilogue to the novel. Feel free to make any comments that resonate with you in the section for comments at the end of the blog. These will be daily entries and I hope you enjoy reading them and that they inspire your thinking toward universal peace.

A Critical Juncture
“The Great Peace towards which people of goodwill throughout the centuries have inclined their hearts, of which seers and poets for countless generations have expressed their vision, and for which from age to age the sacred scriptures of mankind have constantly held the promise, is now at long last within the reach of nations. For the first time in history it is possible for everyone to view the entire planet, with all its myriad diversified peoples, in one perspective. World Peace is not only possible but inevitable. It is the next stage in the evolution of this planet ─ in the words of one great thinker, “the planetization of mankind.” Pg. 12


No comments:

Post a Comment